In 2012, MedicalTranscription.net, an online resource for aspiring medical transcriptionists, created an infographic quoting how much certain organs and limbs would sell for (based on black market value and medical demand). The graph also explains why corpse listings on the black market is not as creepy or absurd as we might think.
2. If you were at all curious (or short on rent this month… JUST KIDDING), this is what your body is worth:
Pair of Eyeballs: $1,525
Skull with Teeth: $1,200
Coronary Artery: $1,525
Hand and Forearm: $385
Small Intestine: $2,519
Kidney: $262,000 (in the U.S.)
Pint of Blood: $337 (in the U.S.)
Skin: $10 per square inch (on average we have about 264 square inches of flesh, so cash that in at ~$2640)
5. Grand total: $551, 473 *
*will vary based on how much skin you have
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."