1. If you grew up in Canada around the ‘99/’00s, you might remember “House Hippo,” a PSA that aimed to teach kids not to believe everything they see on TV.
And they got the message out in the most adorably cruel way:
7. But then after you’ve already gotten all excited and started planning dates with your hippo friend, the ad is like, NOPE, TINY HIPPOS DON’T ACTUALLY EXIST.
“That’s why it’s good to think about what you watch on TV…” a lady’s voice then said. I mean, I GUESS, LADY, BUT YOU ALREADY GOT MY HIPPO HOPES UP.
h/t this Tumblr post
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷