1. If you grew up in Canada around the ‘99/’00s, you might remember “House Hippo,” a PSA that aimed to teach kids not to believe everything they see on TV.
And they got the message out in the most adorably cruel way:
7. But then after you’ve already gotten all excited and started planning dates with your hippo friend, the ad is like, NOPE, TINY HIPPOS DON’T ACTUALLY EXIST.
“That’s why it’s good to think about what you watch on TV…” a lady’s voice then said. I mean, I GUESS, LADY, BUT YOU ALREADY GOT MY HIPPO HOPES UP.
h/t this Tumblr post
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into the nation's capital for the Women's March on Washington 👭 💖