1. If you grew up in Canada around the ‘99/’00s, you might remember “House Hippo,” a PSA that aimed to teach kids not to believe everything they see on TV.
And they got the message out in the most adorably cruel way:
7. But then after you’ve already gotten all excited and started planning dates with your hippo friend, the ad is like, NOPE, TINY HIPPOS DON’T ACTUALLY EXIST.
“That’s why it’s good to think about what you watch on TV…” a lady’s voice then said. I mean, I GUESS, LADY, BUT YOU ALREADY GOT MY HIPPO HOPES UP.
h/t this Tumblr post
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Hillary Clinton responded to that "Death Row Records" meme about her debate outfits.