1. You've skipped class — not because you're a badass, but because it was too icy to walk to class.
2. And when you had to go to write an exam, you cursed underneath your frozen breath the entire way there.
3. You know what a "dep" is.
4. Because you've bought beer/wine at one when you were too lazy to go anywhere else.
5. You've celebrated at least one birthday at l'Acadamie.
6. Poutine is your go-to drunk food. Not pizza.
7. You've also experienced the magical late-night munchie landmarks that are La Belle Provence and La Banquise.
8. The best summer spectator sport is sun-bathing and people-watching in the lower field.
9. And the best winter sport is people-watching people slip on ice.
10. You have no idea what your major requirements are because McGill admin are just as clueless.
11. You've either taken, or thought of taking, Terrestrial Planets 'cause you heard it was a bird class.
12. ...only to find out you had to memorize all these facts about planets and science and stuff.
13. You don't remember frosh week at all, but you've got about a thousand shaming photo tags on Facebook to remind you.
14. And then there's Carnival, winter's frosh week, which really should be called SLOSHED WEEK AMIRITE.
15. The words "Stewart Bio" drudges up all sorts of terrifying memories.
16. You've referred to happy hours as ""4 to 7s."
(Or sometimes "5 to 7s" / "5 à 7")