1. Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world.
2. They embrace (and are comprised of) immigrants.
3. Which means it offers the most diverse and delicious spectrum of authentic grub.
4. The subway system, AKA the TTC, is simple and intuitive.
5. Toronto's Pride Week is one of the largest organized LGBT festivals in the world.
6. It's home to Caribana, a celebration of Caribbean culture that also happens to be North America's BIGGEST street festival.
7. It's ranked as the second most business-competitive global city in the world.
8. It's also one of the biggest arts & culture hubs.
9. Like to skate? There are 52 public rinks that are as beautiful as they are functional.
10. It's comparable to other big cities, except, y'know, better and more habitable.
11. It's birthed some folks who are equal-parts talented and attractive.
See: little-known celebs like Jim Carrey, Alison Pill, Drake, Eugene Levy, Will Arnett, Mike Myers, Nina Dobrev and Lorne Michaels.