5. Toronto’s Pride Week is one of the largest organized LGBT festivals in the world.
Each year the ten-day festival is built around around a thematic slogan that represents the state of the LGBT community. Previous themes included “Fearless” (2006), “Unstoppable!” (2007), “Unified” (2008), and “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop” (2009).
This summer, the city is proud to host World Pride 2014, which will become one of the biggest pride celebrations in the world. BOOK A TRIP.
13. The city is a big proponent of environmental initiatives and public parks.
“Toronto’s parks are our city’s lungs,” are the first words of Urban Toronto’s website. Environmental groups are actively promoting “green” agendas to keep the city, and its parks, clean and operating.
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.