1. This is 18-year-old Abeera Tariq with her mom, Noreen. Their entire family attended her cousin’s wedding recently, and this specific photo was apparently among hundreds of photos taken that day.
2. Because Tariq didn’t get a chance to get a photo with just her brothers, she decided to crop one to post to Facebook. When her mom noticed she was the casualty of the crop, “she flipped,” Tariq told BuzzFeed News.
“My mom and I are really close, I consider her a best friend,” Tariq said, explaining she didn’t think much of the crop at the time.
3. Upset, Noreen screenshotted the photo and asked her daughter why she was cropped out of it. “[You] all are here in this world because of me,” she proceeded to say as she addressed the indignity.
Momma Noreen then texted in Urdu and said (loosely translated to English), “Ungrateful kids…I gave birth to you with such difficulty and you repay me by cropping me out.”
Tariq said she and her mom “joke around like that all the time,” but she genuinely “felt bad” when she got saw the texts.
But her mom ended up calling her, and they were able to laugh about it all after.
4. People who found Tariq’s tweet are both howling and applauding her mom’s unabashed guilt-tripping.
15. Just kidding, we wouldn’t do you dirty like that, Mama Noreen ;-).
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Sessions threatened to block money to so-called sanctuary cities that don't help deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- After stopping three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀