It will not be anything like your traditional breakfast, but it will change your life.
Here are some of the most delectable dim sum dishes you’ll need to try:
1. Fried Radish Cakes
Radish cakes (or sometimes called “turnip cakes”) are made of shredded radish that’s been mixed with flour and rice, then mashed and fried into cake bricks. The result is a bed of soft, starchy filling with browned, crispy edges.
3. Braised Chicken Feet
Chicken feet are not as intimidating as they might appear. Sure, the texture and the idea of feet might turn you off, but the skin is extremely tender and tasty. Consult a regular dim-sum-er about how to eat chicken feet like a pro.
8. Lotus-Wrapped Sticky Rice
This is a true Chinese staple: Sticky rice is infused with a variety of savory ingredients (like pork, bamboo, soy sauce), wrapped in a lotus or bamboo leaf, then steamed. The rice, and all of its tasty components, also soaks in the lotus/bamboo flavors to create a magical, aromatic dish.
11. Fried Sesame Seed Balls
The pastry, also known as “jin deui,” is made with a sticky rice flour and covered with a crispy coat of sesame seeds. They’re usually filled with a lotus or a sweet black bean paste that is the most perfect, subtle dial of sweetness.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻