1. Recent studies show sex can grow more brain cells, actually making you smarter.
Research conducted at the University of Maryland concluded middle-aged rats had improved cognitive functions after having sex. A research group from Konkuk University in Seoul also found that sex can combat stress.
7. “Orgasm can block pain,” says a professor at Rutgers University.
Barry R. Komisaruk, Ph.D., claims a hormone is released that improves your threshold for physical aches and pain. And even if you don’t finish, stimulation itself can alleviate back, leg, and arthritic pain, and sometimes headaches.
9. And improve heart health for ladies.
Heart disease is unfortunately the number one killer among women. Sex raises heart rate and blood circulation, and research found that having sex at least once or twice a week “reduces fatal heart attack by half.”
11. Post-coital foods, like cheese and chocolate, just taste better.
No science here: It just does.
16. Sex between loving couples creates a hormonal urge to bond and cuddle. And who doesn’t love a little cuddlin’?
Couples in healthy sexual relationships tend to have the highest amount of oxytocin, a hormone that triggers the urge for intimacy (in the forms of cuddling and hand-holding).