Daisy has been with the family for eight years, but recently, they discovered she had a ruptured disk in her back and could no longer control the lower half of her body. Unfortunately, Daisy was too already old for surgery.
Flores explained that these circumstances led him and his family to make a painful decision.
“We had to put her down because she was too old for surgery and she was suffering,” said Flores.
2. So on Monday, Daisy’s last day, his mom wanted to make it extra special and make sure “she was as comfortable as possible,” Flores told BuzzFeed News. This meant cooking all of Daisy’s favorite foods…
6. Before they took Daisy to the vet one final time, Flores decided to share the “memorable” last day his mom prepared for her with his friends on Twitter.
It not only reached, and touched, his friends, but tens of thousands of people who then shared Daisy’s final day on Earth with their friends.
12. In fact, the responses were nothing but people crying.
14. Legitimately crying.
16. Flores said he and his family are deeply appreciating all of the support and compassion flooding in from complete strangers.
Flores said only he and his mom could bring themselves to take Daisy to the vet this morning to put her down. It was “too hard” for the rest of the family, he said.
18. He also wanted to share a final picture he took: “[This] was how I found my mom and Daisy this morning — before we took her for her final car ride,” he said.
19. Rest in peace, Daisy. But long live Daisy in our hearts forever.
- Four people were killed in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.