For those who don’t know, “French Immersion” is a bilingual program offered to non-native speakers to learn French in different subjects at school.
The idea was conceived in Canada, but it’s since been adopted in other countries like the UK and Australia. “Extended French” and “Enriched French” are also similar programs, of varying degrees, all to get young minds IMMERSED in French.
Cool concept, eh? Well reality was more like:
2. Like, when the teacher was talking, you had to lowkey leaf through it just to prepare somewhat of a coherent response en français.
3. You know who and what this thing is:
(Because that scary little “ananas” has, and will forever, haunt your dreams.)
4. O, and the painfully-’80sTéléfrançais theme song, which you could not NOT sing along to.
Seriously, try: “Téléfrançais! Téléfrançais! Bonjour! Allô! Salut!”
11. Sometimes you think about all the history and geography and science you might have missed in those years.
14. When you didn’t know how to say a word, so you just, y’know, Frenchify it.
15. But there are certain words have been forever ingrained.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿