Hey, ‘Murica, pardon us, but we won’t be needlessly apologizing anymore. Because we’re the best and so is curling. Go Canada.
1. Canada whooped the American World Under 18 Hockey team at the championship game in Sochi Russia.
2. Ski Jumping is opening a women’s category this year. And guess what? Canadian women happen to be kickass jumpers.
4. In fact, Canadian women have won the past three gold medals.
Geraldine Heaney licks hers after gold medal win over the U.S. in Salt Lake City.
5. Because hockey is kinda our thing.
6. Our Sochi hopefuls will rock new gear this year.
8. Which gives us a great leg up.
Come at us, cold.
10. We have Crosby, who scored the winning goal against Team USA and won us another gold in Vancouver.
13. Remember when Canada garnered 26 medals on home turf in Vancouver?
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏