Our Brampton, Ontario native Alessia Cara has racked up a bajillion views on YouTube for singing a whole lot of truth about feeling awkward AF at parties.
So BuzzFeed Canada had the young R&B singer and proud hermit offer even more realness. While we're ...here.
1. When you first get to the party, you analyze the room and try to find at least one human you remotely know so you can cling to them all night.
2. You make sure to sing the lyrics of a song you know to make up for the fact that you aren't dancing.
3. You end up going to the snack/drink table every 10 seconds so it seems like you're doing something.
4. Or pretending to check your phone every 3.7 seconds.
5. Pro-tip: Always resort to side-stepping. It's the non-dance dance so people can get off your back about not dancing.
6. You're constantly yelling "it's hot in here" over the music because it's actually too loud and hot in here — not the Nelly lyric.
It's gettin' hot in here... so let's spread out a bit more and maybe crack open a window?
7. ...so you end up going outside to hide but pretending it's only because it's "hot in there."
8. Your go-to spot at any party is awkwardly standing against the wall. Mostly to stay out of the way.
9. You then wonder if anybody notices you're being awkward as hell.
10. But you're also hoping someone comes to talk to you so you don't feel like a loser.
11. ...you inevitably end up feeling like a loser.
12. So you make a song called "Here" about how much of a loser you felt.
13. And it gets discovered by Jimmy Fallon and performed on the show with The Roots and jumps on the charts and continues to climb the charts.
This point is from us, of course. We're just glad you're here ;-).