1. Imagine going on a first date that involves you undressing the other person, then jumping into bed to talk about your interests, views, and other personal topics.
2. That’s literally what’s going to happen on the new SBS show Undressed.
3. The show originated in Italy, and puts participants of different cultural backgrounds together to challenge preconceptions about race and sexuality.
The show was inspired by research that suggests attraction can be accelerated by encouraging physical and emotional contact.
4. Each couple meets in a room only furnished with a bed, TV, (and a few sneaky cameras), and instructions flash up on the TV, guiding them through the process.
At the conclusion of the date, each person is given a choice as to whether they want to stay and get to know the other person better, or end the date.
6. While some parts look kinda ridiculous…
7. …there’s no doubt some interesting and valid points will be raised.
8. 100% hooked already.
9. You can watch the full promo here.
Undressed premieres January 16.