1. When Guy Sebastian performed "Climb Every Mountain" and everyone LOST. THEIR. SHIT.
2. When everyone got behind "go the fro!" and catapulted Guy to the top spot.
3. When Mark Holden created "Touchdown!" for the very first time.
4. And pretty much anything Mark Holden ever did or said.
5. When Courtney Act auditioned twice - first as Shane and then as Courtney - and only got through as Courtney.
6. When Joel Turner introduced the nation to beat boxing.
7. When Anthony "I just want Dad to be proud" Sumbati was disqualified for doing a radio interview without permission.
8. When Cle helped Lauren finish her song after she couldn't get through one of those infamous post-elimination performances.
9. When Millsy sang "Angels" and captured the hearts of 13-year-olds around the country.
10. When Dicko body-shamed Paulini for wearing that gold dress.
11. When Shannon Noll performed "What About Me" for the very first time and it was incredible.
12. When Cosima withdrew from the competition just before the final two were announced because of vocal nodules.
"Unfortunately I have a temporary condition that's affecting my voice... and it's forced me to make the decision to leave the competition. This has been the most difficult decision of my life."
13. When hosts Andrew G (now Osher Gunsberg) and James Mathison had the most beautiful bromance.
Just look at those loving gazes.
14. And the evolving style of Andrew G's hair throughout the seasons.
15. When Chanel Cole sang "Glory Box" beautifully while wearing 100 feathers in her hair.
16. When Ricki-Lee Coulter was surprisingly eliminated in season 2.
17. When Anthony Callea sang "The Prayer" and shut the whole place down.
18. When Dean Geyer did this backflip.
19. When Jess Mauboy did an amazing audition in the Australian outback.
20. And when she performed "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera and left the judges ecstastic.
21. When Kyle Sandilands was sacked.
22. When Marcia Hines shaded Marty Simpson after Ben McKenzie's surprise elimination in season 5.
"The travesty is you want to be here when there are certain people who don't want to be here, and that's what's really bugging me."