24 Things Absolutely Every '00s Girl Did In The Summer
Hello, Mizz Summer Special.
1. Headed to your local Londis to buy the Mizz Summer Special.
2. Visited the library to stock up on holiday reading like the Girls In Love, Georgia Nicholson, and Mates, Dates series.
And once you'd finished reading them, you'd make an elaborate plan to write your own book and become an internationally famous teen author.
3. Persuaded your mum to let you dribble lemon juice into your hair and sit in the sun to get chunky highlights.
4. Getting totally hooked on Shipwrecked and promising yourself that you'd apply when you were old enough.
5. Not missing a single episode of Big Brother, and trying to emulate all of Davina's characteristics.
6. Getting your copy of the Jack Wills Summer Handbook and begging your parents for new flannel shorts, rah rah skirts, and polo tops.
7. Going on holiday and immediately getting a hair wrap on the beach.
8. Slathering your body in Johnson's Holiday Skin before you'd even think about getting into your new tankini.
9. Buying friendship bracelets and carved wooden dolphins for your friends as souveniers.
Dolphins were 100% the trendiest animal of the '00s.
10. Stocking up on DKNY Apple, CK In2U, and Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton at Duty Free.
The sweeter the scent, the more you were into it.
11. Getting very stressed out by the prospect of ~frizzy~ hair, so either covering it in salt spray to get natural waves or straightening it until it nearly fell out.
12. Wandering up and down your local town's high street with a strawberry frappuccino in hand.
13. And eventually ending up at Tammy, where you bought a bunch of 3-for-2 thongs.
Which you pulled up higher than your jeans so everyone knew you were the kind of girl who wore a thong now.
14. Spending all your pocket money on Choc Ices, Fabs, and Twisters.
Tbh it was money well spent.
15. Sitting in your local park for hours on end making daisy chains and drinking warm cider.
16. Caking your face in Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation, Benefit's Bad Gal eye liner, and Juicy Tubes lip gloss.
Your mum always offered to re-do your make up when you left the house, but you knew you looked great without her help.
17. Getting fiercely competitive with your friends over the Dance Dance Revolution at bowling.
18. Going to Argos with your parents and begging for a make up set that included 20 eye shadows, 20 lipsticks, and 20 blushers.
19. Filling your room with glitter jelly candles, Smash Hits posters, and gem trees.
You were pretty sure Sienna Miller did the same with her room tbh.
20. Drinking a frankly dangerous quantity of Sunny Delight.
21. Dedicating practically your entire school holiday to becoming a good parent to your Furby and Tamagotchi.
You paid them more attention than your own mum paid you.
22. Desperately trying to convince your mum that pairing a Hollister denim skirt with Uggs was 100% comfortable.
23. Buying one of those hoodies that is also a shirt so that you could start the new school year looking ~sophisticated~ and ~stylish~ and ~sassy~.