3. And they came first, taking home £150.
4. Twitter users were outraged, and many tweeted the nightclub to express their anger.
@rosieschester you won’t let guys wearing trainers in but costumes of the #twintowers are a perfectly acceptable outfit choice ?! #vile
The Eloquent Parrot
And to think, years back @rosieschester bouncers wouldn’t let my friend in because his passport said he was born in Wales. Nice work, guys.
So @rosieschester won’t let a 50-year-old in without ID, but go dressed as the Twin Towers and you’re on to a winner. About sums the dump up
@rosieschester absolute disgrace about those costumes… To let them in at all was disgusting but to crown them winners? #sick
If Next Halloween i get the lads to dress up as some Jews from Belson camp. Can you sort us out some VIP passes? @rosieschester
10. Pretty soon @RosiesProblems, a Twitter account for “people that go to Rosies to have a laugh and joke about their night out the next day” started getting abuse too.
Why would the thought of going as the twin towers even cross your mind?? Completely & utter airheads. @RosiesProblems
@RosiesProblems what an absolute joke, people’s families have been ripped apart by 9/11, no respect or consideration taken what so ever.
13. So they cleared things up with an explanatory tweet.
Can I just point out. It’s not me who let the girls in. It was @rosieschester. I’m simply a joke page for people that go to Rosie’s to….
….have a laugh and a joke about their night out the next day. Getting a few angry tweets here.
17. Which is just as well, because the abuse started to get very personal.
Anyone know if Amber Langford and/or Annie Collinge (the two fucktards who dressed up as the Twin Towers) have Twitter accounts?
annie collinge and amber langford. you pair of dick heads. dress up as the twin towers for fancy dress? go to the vets and get put down
two disrespectful horrible ugly cunts Amber Langford and Annie Collinge are proud, for the fancy they did hope your family is proud
I did always think that Annie Collinge girl was a twat to be fair. She was never gonna make front page news for anything good was she.
Scum win award for fancy dress outfits depicting them as the twin towers under attack.Take a bow Amber Langford and Annie Collinge #cunts
23. Amber’s father, who is himself a pilot, has given a statement to The Sun.
I didn’t know anything about it, but I’m not happy at all. She knows I’m a pilot and that’s not cool at all. We will be having a little chat, I think.
24. And a spokesman from the Stonegate Pub Company, who run Rosies, has spoken out.
We are extremely concerned that an award of vouchers was made to two young women who were dressed in a distasteful and offensive manner.
There was a serious error of judgement made on the evening by a contracted DJ to award such a prize and we apologise to anybody who may have been upset or offended by this.
A full investigation by the company is taking place.
25. Meanwhile, Chester University are looking into punishing the girls.
We utterly condemn the appalling photos.
Both organisations have begun an urgent investigation with a view to taking the necessary action.
26. And Amber and Annie have apologised.
We never meant to be offensive, but we apologise if any offence was caused.
The idea was to depict a modern-day horror that happened in our lifetime and was not intended as a joke.