1. Hear’Say came out of Popstars, the first British reality show that manufactured a band.
Noel, Suzanne, Myleene, Kym and Danny met on the ITV show in 2001.
4. Naughty Kym almost didn’t make the cut, after she lied to producers about having two children.
Their names are David and Emily, and she was embarrassed about being a young mum :-(.
5. And even the losers had a career once the show had ended. HELLO, LIBERTY X.
Jessica, Kelli, Michelle, Kevin and Tony - the show’s runners up - formed their own group and went on to have greater commercial success than Hear’Say. BUT THEY WEREN’T AS GOOD BECAUSE NO ONE EVER HAS BEEN.
12. Their album also became the fastest selling debut album of its time.
It included covers of “Monday Monday” and “Bridge Over Troubled Water”.
16. And dressing head to toe in the same colour.
18. Especially cheeky Myleene.
19. Hear’Say sold 3 million records and had two U.K. number 1s.
Basically, they’d made it and everything was amazing.
22. But it just wasn’t the same without Kym. And so the band split, just 18 months after forming.
They claimed “abuse from the public” forced them to break up.
What are they up to now?
Plus, if you look carefully you’ll spot Myleene doing backing vocals for Cliff Richard’s “Millenium Prayer”.