10. When you stayed up late to watch Big Brother.
“Watching that trash will rot your brain. And there’s sex in it,” — your mum.
12. When you used the landline before 6pm.
“DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS IS COSTING ME? WELL, DO YOU?” — your dad, every evening.
23. When you dialed 141 before a number to do a prank call.
“Don’t waste your credit. What if there’s an emergency?” — your mum.
24. When you asked to get your tongue pierced, because the girls in Thirteen had it and they were the coolest girls in the world.
“Don’t come to me when you’ve decided you regret it and ask why I never told you not to do it BECAUSE I AM TELLING YOU THAT RIGHT NOW,” — your mum.
25. When your New Look thong showed above your tracksuit bottoms.
“You’re beautiful. You don’t need to show your underwear to be noticed,” — your mum.
30. When you stole the home phone to vote on Pop Idol.
“I don’t care that Gareth is your future husband, this is a premium rate number,” — your dad.