25 Things Everyone Will Remember About Growing Up In North Wales
Chips with curry sauce and bara brith forever.
1. Watching a male voice choir perform at every formal event you attended.
2. Getting served for the first time at a nightclub in a village.
3. Getting chips and curry sauce on the way home from every night out.
4. Knowing that there's only one way to eat curry.
5. All of your friends having the exact same name.
6. Getting really good at hazard perception because you learnt to drive on country roads.
7. And then getting cheap car insurance because Pass Plus was free in Wales.
8. All of your letters from Student Finance Wales being sent to you in both Welsh and English.
9. Finding nothing more comforting that going to your nan's for a Welsh cake.
10. Going on school trips to Conwy and Chirk Castles.
And being amazed at how beautiful they both are if you've ever revisited them as an adult.
11. Being really surprised when you left Wales and found out that other people pay for their prescriptions.
12. Spending sunny weekends at Llandudno, Colwyn Bay, and Angelsey.
And trying to convince your parents that it was warm enough to go swimming.
13. All cultural events happening in Cardiff and no where else in Wales.
14. Going on at least one holiday to Portmeirion.
15. Going for picnics in Erddig park whenever the weather was nice.
16. Knowing exactly where your loyalties lie.
17. Visiting Snowdonia in your half term holiday.
18. Being amazed that trains in England actually run on time occasionally.
19. Getting a 16-18 bus pass and thinking it was the best thing in the world.
20. Going to Theatr Clwyd for the Christmas pantomine every year.
21. Wearing these exact earrings and this exact coat all year round.
And thinking you looked incredibly stylish.