We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
1. A good sports bra.
If you have extra money to spend, this £52 Lululemon sports bra comes in eight colours and has five-star reviews. One reviewer said, "I run about 50 miles a week and this bra does the trick for every single run. It's very lightweight and tight in all the right places while not digging in anywhere."
2. A decent pair of trainers that won't ruin your feet.
4. And if your leggings don't have a pocket for your phone, you might want to invest in a running belt.
5. A few vest tops.
If you're planning on running more than once a week, you'll want to buy at least two vest tops. This lightweight vest top is £9.99 from H&M, has a racer back, and is made of a quick dry material so you won't feel too sweaty when you run.
Alternatively, this £14.90 vest top from Uniqlo has a supportive sports bra fitted into it.
6. And a waterproof, long-sleeved top for when it's cold and rainy.
Aldi may seem like a weird place to buy sportswear from, but hear me out. I have an older version of this £19.99 hooded jacket and it's perfect. It's lightweight so you won't get too hot in the summer, but it's warm enough to wear in the winter too. Plus, it's waterproof, so you can even use it in the rain.
If you want something a little bit cheaper, and you're not worried about rain, this £14.90 Uniqlo hoodie is stretchy and sweat-resistant.
7. A snood for the winter.
8. Socks that aren't made out of cotton.
9. Waterproof sunscreen that won't run into your eyes when you get gross and sweaty.
10. Anti-chafe balm.
11. Gloves with touchscreen fingertips so you can control your music.
12. If you don't like listening to music when you run, you could subscribe to Audible.
It costs £7.99 a month to subscribe to Audible. That fee includes access to one new audiobook a month. I've been working my way through the Harry Potter series and it's been lovely.
13. If you've got the cash, you might want to invest in wireless headphones.
14. A foam roller to keep your muscles feeling good.
15. If you get really into running, you might want to invest in a fitness tracker.
I absolutely love my Fitbit Flex 2, which was £69.99. You can set it to give you time and distance updates as you run, and it'll break down your run for you at the end. It also tracks your route, and it's waterproof so you can also use it to track swimming too.