1. Wearing coloured sunglasses, regardless of the weather.
As long as the glass was a jazzy colour and the glasses had no frames, you were onto a winner.
2. Scheduling your appointments with a Fun Fax.
3. Using a BaByliss Crazy Braid to get pop star hair.
Even though the knots were impossible to get out, it was worth it.
4. But if all else failed, bunches and twists were always a safe bet.
The more the merrier.
5. Begging your mum to take you to McDonald's after school on a Friday because you were collecting teenie beanies.
6. Freaking yourselves out by watching The Blair Witch Project at every single sleepover.
7. Watching every single dating show going.
If it featured girls slightly older than you going on slightly awkward dates, you were all over it.
8. And praying that one day you would be one of the contestants on Beauty and the Geek.
9. And being terrified Room Raiders would pick you up while you were asleep.
10. Salting your own crisps and storing them in a classy case.
The early '00s was when all crisps peaked.
11. Freaking yourself out before bedtime because you read too much of your Goosebumps book.
12. Wearing a bandana, even if you didn't have a fringe to brush back.
13. Plucking your eyebrows to within an inch of their lives.
You wanted a row of single hairs. Nothing more.
14. Collecting stickers from magazines like Top of the Pops and Smash Hits.
Even when you didn't know who the pop stars were, you kept the stickers just in case.
15. Getting these guys out every time your friends came round.
You had original Care Bears, Polly Pockets, and My Little Ponies.
16. Knowing exactly how to ace any school test.
17. Planning your first kiss based on what Mia Thermopolis wanted.
18. Knowing that you were going to nail parenthood because you'd already cared for these babies.
Baby Borns, Tamagotchis, and Furbies needed a lot of attention.
19. Performing the Macarena at every disco you ever went to.
20. Spending your pocket money on Harry Potter-themed sweets.
It was sad when you accidentally ate the vomit Every Flavour Bean.
21. Insisting that your favourite colour was pink, because you wanted to be Elle Woods.
22. Filling your pencil case with plastic dummies and miniature trolls instead of actual stationery.
The best party bags were the ones that were full of these.
23. Covering every poster you made in WordArt and clip art.
24. Collecting Puppy in My Pockets.
25. Being unreasonably obsessed with makeover shows.
They seem kinda creepy now, but back in the early '00s they were cool.
26. Reading your favourite Worst Witch and Animal Ark books before bedtime.
if you were lucky, you might have even had the audio cassette versions.
27. And finally, buying £1.99 makeup from your local newsagents and covering your face in the stuff.
What a great look.