1. The sight of a perfectly stacked fridge that’s rammed full of food just waiting for you to open it up.
There’s no feeling quite like opening your fridge right after the big food shop.
2. The smell of a brand-new cookbook just waiting to be opened.
Those pages hold so much potential.
4. And the sight of a fully stacked spice rack.
Especially if your bottles all match.
6. When you decide to try out a new recipe and realise you’ve got all the ingredients in the house.
7. When you home-cook dinner and it looks professional AF on your Instagram grid.
Especially when your filter really brings out the best in your meal.
8. When your leftovers fit perfectly into your Tupperware and you know that lunch tomorrow is sorted.
And you get another lil boost when your colleagues tell you that your food looks tasty.
10. But even better: introducing a friend to a gadget they never knew they needed.
It’s nice to change lives.
11. The first time you use a food processor and realise that your cooking game has forever changed.
Those things slice mushrooms. Mushrooms!
12. Walking into a specialist food market and not knowing where to start.
13. Although, tbh, a very tidy supermarket aisle can do it for you too.
14. The first time you squeeze a garlic press and realise you’re never going to have garlic fingers again.
16. When you host a dinner party and everyone finishes their food.
Even better if you have a dishwasher so you don’t have to do the washing up afterwards.
17. Especially when your guests send you that sweet, sweet follow-up to get hold of your cooking secrets.
There’s no feeling quite like knowing that you’re influencing others.
18. When you eat something delicious at a friend’s house and they actually remember to send you the recipe afterwards.
Then you can recreate it at home yourself.
20. When you hit an afternoon slump and remember that you put food in the slow cooker this morning, so dinner will be waiting for you.
Thank you, morning me.
21. Being the first person in your friend group to discover the next big thing.
FYI: It is Icelandic yoghurt because Scandinavian things are cool.
22. When you take charge of a group cooking situation and allocate all the boring jobs like chopping to your friends.
Meanwhile, you get to be in charge of how many spices go in, which is the most important job.