1. Straightening your fringe and curling the rest of your hair.
The contrast made you feel very ~chic~.
3. Tying your hair into bunches and then tying bobbles all the way down them.
Bonus points if your bobbles matched your outfit.
5. Low bunches that half covered your ears.
It was hard to get your parting straight at the back, but you could always get your mum to help.
12. Home-dyed jet-black hair that was backcombed to within an inch of its life.
Obviously you paired this look with a full inch of eyeliner and foundation two shades too pale for your skin.
18. A messy bun with chopsticks poked through it.
Hilary Duff really was the face of the ’00s.
19. Scraping your fringe back with a zig-zag hairband.
For the ~sporty~ look.
23. Clipping your fringe back to expose your entire forehead.
If you were growing out a fringe, this was your look.