23 Beauty Rituals From The '00s That Should Never Make A Comeback
Tippex French manicures, anyone?
1. Giving yourself a French manicure with a Tippex pen.
2. Or if you were really fancy, getting square-tippped false nails.
3. But the creepiest trend of all was getting false toenails.
4. Covering your lids in frosted eyeshadow of any colour.
The brighter, the better.
5. Sticking a diamanté gem to your tooth.
6. Tying your hair up with a colourful scrunchie made out of fake hair.
7. Coating your lips in very pink gloss.
8. Covering your body in fake tan.
It didn't matter if it went patchy because being patchy was better than being pale.
9. Dying your hair with chunky highlights.
If you were lucky, you got to go to a salon and get this done professionally.
10. Getting a Playboy belly ring.
11. Plucking your eyebrows into teeny tiny sperms.
12. Or just plucking them off entirely and then drawing them back on with eyeliner.
Black eyeliner only, mind.
13. Scraping your hair back with a zigzag hairband.
14. Clipping very obvious hair extensions to your scalp.
These just look painful.
15. Applying bronzer to your face and neck area liberally.
16. Running glittery hair mascara through your hair.
17. Concealing your entire lips.
18. Backcombing your hair so it literally stuck up.
19. Drawing round circles on your cheeks in blusher.
The aim was to always look like you'd just come out of PE.
20. Dyeing your hair blonde on top and black underneath.
And straightening it until it nearly fell out.
21. Twirling your hair with a BaByliss Crazy Braid.
You added beads to the bottom of your braids if you were really cool.