1. When you automatically go into “eye roll” mode around extremely positive people:
2. When people don't seem to understand your particular brand of optimism:
3. Or, even worse, they mistake it for an invitation of friendship:
4. When you have a very bad case of RDF (Resting Dick Face):
5. Everyone else: "How hard is it to just say something nice?" You:
6. When you try to say something nice and people don't believe you:
7. When people seem to make a big deal out of the new and improved you, which makes it even harder to not be an asshole:
8. You're not perfect. Some days you slip up.
9. But when you encounter a situation that requires you to actually tap into your inner asshole, you're like:
10. When you come across another recovering asshole:
11. When people just don't understand the inner turmoil you're going through to try to be less of an asshole:
All imagery courtesy of SYFY.