1. You feel the need to tricolour everything.
Even your wardrobe. Because tricolour is now your new fashion necessity.
At first, you may resist it...
...but the urge will overwhelm you.
Resistance is futile.
And eventually, you'll be like unicorns that poop rainbow. Except, instead of passing 7-coloured turds, you bleed tricolour.
2. You appreciate the beauty of the campus, especially during autumn.
The place looks absolutely magical.
3. You were covered in paint, dirt, shaving cream, mud, sweat, and lots of Queen's spirit during frosh week.
You also had to resist the urge to rip these off your wrist.
4. You've witnessed some crazy things involving the Commies.
I just..... I don't even......
5. You've seen herds of purple creatures emerge during orientation.
Here, hundreds of purple creatures (aka. engineering students) gather around in mud to retrieve a tiny item at the top of an oily pole.
6. You're accustomed to the "Jacket Slam".
Here is a sighting of said ritual.
7. You know of the on-again, off-again relationship between Queen's and its Homecoming event.
8. You know this hypnotist.
9. You've seen this white rectangle frame thing but have no idea what it's for or why it's there.
10. Deep down, you know Queen's is really Hogwarts.
There is documented proof: Hogwarts Castle Acquired by Queen's University.
We have our very own castle in England.
There's even a course on Defence Against the Dark Arts! Well, almost.
And this is totally a real thing.
Yes, we do have a Harry Potter Room. Calm down, children.
Every year, muggles of all houses fill this room in hopes of studying for their O.W.L. exams.
Here, some muggles have completed their exams and are waiting for the Knight Bus to take them home.
There's also been talk of a newly opened Room of Requirement.
We too, were under the wrath of the Basilisk.
We showed our support for Dumbledore's Army.
11. You've seen/heard about this bro and his goats.
Bonus if you got to pet the goat.
13. You can locate the buildings you've had classes in or lived in when you were in rez.
14. If you lived in residence, you'll probably understand why this building has this hat.
....and you've also been woken up in the middle of the night/morning/afternoon because there was no fire.
15. You were walked home by Walkhome.
16. You've see these squiggles on the Agnes Etherington Art Centre's wall, and stopped to contemplate its meaning. Once.
17. You've also seen these rocks that were, oh idk, maybe possibly actually the Easter bunny's gallbladder stones.
18. You cherish sunny days, because most of the time, it's either raining...
...or Narnia happens.
On the bright side, you get to ski to class!
Sometimes, students get confused by the sudden overnight appearance of small snow mountains.
But fear not! Your friendly neighbourhood snowman-turned-scientist is here to save you from the avalanche.
19. Every year, you brace yourself for the battle when open enrolment begins.
20. You "did not" touch this pendulum every time you walked past it in Stirling hall.
2016 Update: Someone reunited this tiny wrecking ball with a miniature Miley Cyrus.
21. You were mildly disappointed that you didn't get to personally witness/participate in these viral trends.
Like this lip dub.
And when a bunch of people raised their books to raise your glass.
And when everyone was Happy and clapped along.
When Profs read mean USATS and reminded us that everybody hurts...
22. You will always hate "Please Play Again".
23. You're somewhat confused by these Mean Girls references.
24. Occasionally, the cafeterias dress up all fancy for certain events. That's when you willingly go there to eat because you know they'll serve good food. Maybe.
There was also this one time when a ninja ice cream thief appeared in Ban Righ.
25. You most likely, probably, definitely did not know that Harrison-LeCaine Hall was built to resemble a piano.
26. You know the true nature of the Kingston squirrels.
They're watching your every move.
27. You're totally cool with seeing horses trot around on campus grounds. As long as they don't leave behind piles of steaming crap.
28. You get irrationally excited about this.
29. You know of the long-standing feud between Queen's and this other university.
30. You don't really know why 29 is true.
31. You own one of these.
32. You know what it means when people start doing this. And you know there's no stopping it. So you join in...
33. You mumble the lyrics to Oil Thigh and wait for your chance to sing the only phrase you know: Oil thigh na Banrighinn a'Banrighinn gu brath!
There you go folks. Hope you're excited to be back at Queen's this September. And a warm welcome to all frosh!
2015 UPDATE: Send the author a message and keep this post going!
The author of this article has now graduated from Queen's, but would like to continue adding new and interesting updates to the list. So if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below or send me a message here.