3. Jafar - Takes over Agraba using hypnosis (and magic)
Controlling the Sultan of Agraba using his magic staff, Jafar tried to worm his way onto the crown using sorcery and generally just being an evil prick. AND he tried to seduce Jasmine and kill Aladdin. Mid-life crisis indeed.
4. Maleficent - Attempted murder of Aurora and Prince Philip
A bit of an extreme overreaction to not getting invited to a party, no? But facts are facts, and Maleficent did try to kill Aurora (and Prince Philip), but failed on both accounts. Still a BAMF though.
7. Captain Hook - Attempted murder of young boys for revenge
Hook really needed some serious therapy for his obsession with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, it really was just a hand he lost. Artificial limbs are pretty awesome these days, and just look at Long John Silver - did he obsess over his peg leg? No sir.
9. Doctor Facilier Attempted takeover of New Orleans via souls
Doctor Facilier was a super creepy guy (where on earth did he get his medical degree?) who wanted to control New Orleans, AND promised the voodoo spirits all the citizen’s souls as payment. Could have just used a credit card.
11. Shan-Yu - Leads the Huns to massacre Chinese armies, general unpleasantness
One one hand he’s the vicious leader of the ruthless Huns, but on the other hand - he’s just trying to inspire loyalty amongst a ragtag group of men. But also he’s just really creepy.
16. Ursula - Capturing debt-ridden mermaids and keeping them as tiny polpy slaves
Yes, the mermaids did go to Ursula and sign away their lies in exchange for her help, but did she really have to keep them enslaved in her garden like creepy sad pets? No.
19. Percival McLeach - Kills SO MANY endangered animals
If this guy isn’t bad enough, he also tries to fake Cody’s death in order to learn where Marahute’s nest is, then he actually tries to kill Cody. And Joanna must have had serious Stockholm Syndrome for staying with him.
20. Mother Gothel - Kidnapping, false imprisonment, attempted murder
Immortality is never a good life goal to have (just ask Voldemort) and kidnapping a baby and raising her as your own, all the while keeping her locked away in a small tower doesn’t really seem like A+ parenting.
21. Claude Frollo - Murders Quasimodo’s mother, tries to kill all the gypsies everywhere
Claude Frollo is really just a terrible terrible person. First he straight up murders Quasimodo’s mother, then he tries to kill her INFANT child only to be stopped when he is reminded of his eternal soul. Then he tries to kill all the gypsies in France. Not a winner.