1. The words “hooping,” “spinning,” “fanning,” “bouldering,” and “top-roping” sound like recreational activities rather than meaningless gibberish to you.
2. Your apartment search took at least a month of non-stop visits to open-houses, and it was the most emotionally draining month of your life.
3. You’re careful not to step on human poop on your way to work.
4. You’ve pet a dog belonging to a homeless person who has set up camp on your street.
5. Your Facebook group suggestions look like this.
6. You’ve come to understand that a Burner is not just someone who attends Burning Man but an entire breed of person.
7. You’ve seen a guy walking around with nothing but a glittery sock on his penis.
8. You wouldn’t be caught dead in a cab.
9. You feel peer pressure to have a startup idea.
10. You notice at least one man-bun, one beard, and one T-shirt with a tech company’s logo per block.
11. If you eavesdrop in a bar for five minutes, you’re bound to overhear “big data,” “real time,” and/or “internet of things.”
12. You’ve seen a bulldog skateboarding down Market Street.
Originally published by Thought Catalog at www.thoughtcatalog.com.