1. "12 Stupid Mistakes the U.S. Military Is Making" — BuzzFeed Ideas
2. "How I Tried to Slide Into a Relationship" — BuzzFeed Books
3. "An Open Letter to My White Friends Who Love the Kardashians" — The Cut
4. "What My Landlord Learned About Me From Twitter" — The New York Times Magazine
5. "Raising Free-Spirited Black Children in a World Set on Punishing Them" — The Washington Post
6. "My Wedding Was Perfect – And I Was Fat as Hell the Whole Time" — The Guardian
7. "Where’s My Cut? — On Unpaid Emotional Labor" — The Toast
Want to read more?
Shannon Keating and Yao Xiao created a graphic essay on the many ways strangers harass lesbians on the street. James Tennent explained how toxic masculinity is harmful to everyone. Kim TallBear wrote about Native Americans' fight for an ancient skeleton and how science exploits Native identity. Anne Helen Petersen reviewed Trainwreck, explaining how Amy Schumer calls bullshit on postfeminism. April De Costa paid tribute to The Baby-Sitters Club and a character from the book who helped her cope with having diabetes. And finally, Kaye Toal recalled the one time a co-worker sexted her by accident.
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.