1. "The Sex in Romance Novels Isn’t Sexy, But Here’s What Is" — BuzzFeed Ideas
2. "The Good Girl’s Guide to Staying Alive" — Hazlitt
3. "Dare To Be Different" — The Toast
4. "Op-Ed: On Kanye West and Black Humility" — Pitchfork
Kanye West said a lot during his 11-minute acceptance speech at this year's VMAs. But the way some people reacted to his speech actually says a whole lot more about how society perceives confident black men. For Pitchfork, Martin Douglas writes, "Confident black men are constantly held under by society, frequently told to not say much and accept what society gives us. This is a tactic to hold us 'in place,' to make sure we don’t 'overstep our boundaries.'" Read Douglas' op-ed at Pitchfork.
5. "How It Feels When White People Shame Your Culture’s Food — Then Make It Trendy" — The Washington Post
6. "The Trouble With 'Trying'" — ELLE
7. "This Is How Debt Teaches You About Money" — BuzzFeed Ideas
Want to read more?
Daniel Dalton breaks down 11 things no one tells guys with depression. Ariane Lange points out the difference between Mr. Robot and Fight Club (it contains mild spoilers for those who aren't caught up).
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.