1. "How I Found Myself When My Skin Changed Its Identity" — BuzzFeed
2. "What Part of 'No, Totally' Don't You Understand?" — The New Yorker
3. "My Relationship Was a Different Kind of Addiction" — BuzzFeed LGBT
5. "I Benefited From the So-Called “Ethnic Casting Craze” — BuzzFeed Ideas
In the aftermath of Walter Scott's death, poet and writer Jacqui Germain remarked on the tragic yet constant images of lifeless black bodies shown in the media. Yes, those images and the #BlackLivesMatter movement spark awareness — but at a price. "What visuals are we normalizing in exchange for media coverage from news outlets that don’t view our survival as a priority?" she asks. Read her piece at Salon.
7. "This Is What Happens When You Undergo Gay Conversion Therapy" — BuzzFeed News
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.