1. "I Changed My Name When I Got Married and Instantly Regretted It" — BuzzFeed Ideas
2. "The Quiet Racism of Instagram Filters" — Racked
3. "No, Queer Women Aren’t 'Just Going Through a Phase'" — BuzzFeed LGBT
5. "Can We Just, Like, Get Over the Way Women Talk?" — The Cut
6. "Ode to Boredom" — Rookie
7. "The Big Open-Ended Question: On Loving and Accepting My Asperger’s" — The Toast
Want to read more? Here are some other essays BuzzFeed published this week.
Chloe Angyal wrote about confronting her own eating issues after her boyfriend gained 40 pounds. Karen Onojaife bade goodbye to My Mad Fat Diary. Alanna Okun explained why she's not interested in guys who don't read books by women. Adam Serwer annotated Bill Cosby's famous "Pound Cake" speech. Lucas Mann reflects on the guilt he feels after stealing his brother's death and his father's grief for his memoir. Daysha Edewi broke down what privilege is. And finally, Shannon Keating and Marisa Carroll created a generator of ridiculous euphemisms to describe your queer lady relationships.
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.