1. "I Watched My Ex Fall in Love With Someone Else on Facebook" — BuzzFeed Ideas
2. "Discovering My Blackness Through Nirvana" — Pigeons and Planes
3. "All About Me" — The Hairpin
4. "We Don’t Talk About Mental Illness in My Family" — BuzzFeed Ideas
6. "The Triumph of the ‘Girl Movie’" — The Cut
7. "Don't Let Them See Your Tampons" — The Atlantic
Want to read more? Here are some other essays BuzzFeed published this week.
Erik Raschke wrote about his dream home in the Netherlands — and how Vladimir Putin is destroying it. Susan Cheng (hi!) looked back on a childhood spent inside her family's Chinese restaurant. Daniel Nester defended "vaguebooking" as a way for us to stay sane in the digital world. Anne Helen Petersen critiqued Entourage and the film's toxic use of homophobia as comedy. Priya Krishna and Kate Taylor ranked 50 Disney Channel Original Movies according to how feminist they are. For BuzzFeed LGBT, John Sherman wrote about the lube problem depicted during gay male sex scenes. And finally, Meredith Talusan explained why trans women care about Caitlyn Jenner's pronouns.
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.