1. "I Was the Face of Disaster Tourism in Post-Katrina New Orleans" — BuzzFeed Ideas
3. "Swimming Lessons for Black Girls" — The Toast
4. "Taylor Swift’s Evolution, As Seen Through Her Live Show" — BuzzFeed Music
5. "For My Father, Resurrecting the Ancient Rituals" — The New York Times
6. "Is There Any Good Way to Go Gray in Your 20s?" — The Cut
7. "Death Videos, Grief, and Complicated Emotions" — Ebony
Want to read more?
Matt Debenham explains why he lets his kids watch "inappropriate" television shows. Shannon Keating writes about finding her lesbian friend group — and how it was harder than she thought it would be. Steve Silberman pays tribute to Oliver Sacks, the renowned neurologist and writer who introduced the world to autism. Meredith Talusan points out the failed logic of the "trans panic" defense. Bim Adewunmi interviews esteemed writer Claudia Rankine, discussing her new book Citizen: An American lyric. And finally, Bryan Hood asks whether all these lukewarm superhero films of late will ever end.
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.