1. "The Abortion That Let Me Be a Mother" — BuzzFeed Ideas
2. "Swole Without a Goal" — Hazlitt
3. "Rape Scenes Aren’t Just Awful. They’re Lazy Writing" — WIRED
4. "10 Things I Wanted My Little Brother To Know Before He Started University" — BuzzFeed Ideas
6. "Living in L.A. Made Me Get Over My Body Issues" — The Cut
7. "My Dad Tried to Tame a Wolf" — VICE
Want to read more? Here are some other essays BuzzFeed published this week.
Adrienne Benson Scherger wondered whether or not she gave her son attention deficit disorder. Shannon Keating wrote about how Fun Home is bringing butch lesbians into the mainstream. Simran Hans urged British cinemas to do better for black audiences. Hussein Kesvani shed light on the difficulty of recovering from an eating disorder during Ramadan. Krutika Mallikarjuna spoke to Adam Nimoy about growing up under the legend of Leonard Nimoy. Matt Ortile interviewed Manila-born, Manhattan-bred Mia Alvar, who claims she's a "fraudulent Filipina." Anne Helen Petersen reviewed Magic Mike XXL, the film that gets off on getting you off. And finally, Katie O'Reilly wrote about donating her eggs — and how she regrets her decision.
Susan Cheng is an entertainment reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Los Angeles.
Contact Susan Cheng at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.