1. Wanting to be alone doesn't always mean that there's something wrong with you.
2. In fact, for introverted people, being alone is a necessity, whether they are happy or sad.
3. It also doesn't mean that you're mad or that you're avoiding someone.
4. It doesn't mean that you're hiding something.
5. Sometimes all you need is to shut out the noise from the outside world for a while so that you can just think.
6. But this is not a permanent condition — you're not going to want to be alone forever!
7. It's great to know that other people miss you, but it's also nice to respect your time alone with yourself.
8. At the beginning, you may feel a little uncomfortable doing things alone that other people do in groups.
9. After all, people always seem to think that anyone who does things alone must have some kind of issue.
10. You know, like when they say, "You went alone?" in a tone of both surprise and pity.
11. But when you get past this phase, you find that being alone can actually be incredibly liberating.
12. And then what happens? You probably end up getting a bit addicted to your own company.
This post was translated from Portuguese.