1. Meet Yang Hak-Seon
His signature move and one of the two vaults he performed to win gold is called “The Yang,” because he invented it… He has said that his plans after the Olympics include adding another half twist to the already staggeringly difficult vault.
For winning South Korea it’s very first Gymnastics gold, Yang is entitled to around $141,700 in prize money: 60 million from the government, and another 100 million from the Korea Gymnastic Association. He once said his dream was to “win gold and build a house for my parents, who live in a vinyl greenhouse.”
7. Check out his incredible second vault
8. Danell Leyva reacts in the audience
10. Congrats, Yang! We love you!
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀