4. Todd Akin legitimately lost the Senate race in Missouri
5. Richard Mourdock, also notorious for his rape comments, ousted a longstanding Republican in the primary race… and lost the general election
6. Massachusetts elected its first female Senator, consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren
She defeated incumbent Republican Scott Brown.
7. Same-sex marriage measures have passed in Maryland and Maine
The first states in the nation to back same-sex marriage at the ballot box. Minnesota rejected a gay marriage ban. And Washington’s same sex marriage initiative is still close, and pending a final call.
Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble…like never before.— Donald J. Trump
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸