1. The first pic that made Venus a star
Venus is most likely a “chimera” — an animal composed of two populations of genetically distinct cells that originated from different zygotes. This means one would have two different sets of DNA. She is also, relatedly, heterochromatic — her eyes are two different colors.
Venus’s mom found her via facebook, when one of her friends posted pictures of a stray kitten litter at a dairy farm in North Carolina. She immediately took to Venus because she already had two cats — an orange tabby and a black tuxedo cat — and Venus looked like a perfect split between the two. She called the farm’s owner immediately and her husband flew to NC to get her — flying her back in a carrier sitting on his lap.
The family named Venus for the goddess of beauty and love. Her mom says that she is “as sweet as can be….gentle, loving, and has this little tiny kitten like meow even though she is 3 now.”
Venus is very small — she’s fully grown, but she actually only weighs five pounds. Her owner wrote on facebook “She is such a wonderful cat and I’d be just as in love with her even if she wasn’t so pretty. Her personality is as beautiful as her outside is.” All together now: awwwww.
11. And at last, Venus on video!
- Top Mexican soccer player Alan Pulido has been kidnapped outside of his hometown in Tamaulipas, a high-crime state.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Lights have turned Australia's most iconic buildings into seriously psychedelic works of art.