45. OK, let’s get started with this wallaby who was born albino.
Start practicing your “aww”-ing now. You’re going to need it.
44. In Berlin, a sable antelope (rappenantilope) licks her lips.
She is anticipating all the cuteness yet to come.
41. This gorilla baby has the most soulful eyes.
If you stare into them for too long, you may never be able to love again.
39. And this is a brand-new elephant.
He is covered in hay because hay is the fleece pajamas of the elephant world, and dude just wants to be comfortable.
38. This barasingha fawn has something to tell you…
36. This baby rhino cannot BELIEVE how rude you are.
This is the look of shock that will inevitably be followed by grave disappointment. I hope you apologize for offending this little guy.
34. More importantly, Tilly, this orphaned baby wallaby, was raised with the help of this backpack.
You know, pouches and stuff.
33. Here’s a baby armadillo who is also a ball.
Did you know that armadillos are always born as quadruplets? Adorable, ball-shaped quadruplets.
27. This baby panther doesn’t understand why he’s ranked this low on the list.
“Have you seen me?” he mews, shaking his oversized black paw.
25. This giraffe would like you to know that…
What? Sorry, I lost my train of thought when I looked at her eyelashes.
24. This is a sand kitten.
Someday it will grow up to be a sand cat, and it will still be the cutest thing that sand has to offer.
23. This photo is from a nursery in China that is teeming with baby pandas.
22. This baby marmoset senses that your computer screen is getting increasingly smudged with want-to-pets.
This baby marmoset doesn’t really care.
21. But this lion cub definitely does care…
…because he really wants a nice scratch. Pet him, you monster!
20. Baby sea lion: “What are you doing?”
“You can’t touch things through the computer, dude.”
18. This jaguar being weighed.
17. This black bear cub with a bear stuffed animal.
16. This wobbly-legged Asian elephant.
13. This is Primrose, the donkey who has to wear casts until her legs get stronger.
Top Number One Animals With Casts of All Time.
10. This white tiger cub ain’t got no time for that.
I hope at this point we’ve started to convince you that big-cat babies are the cutest things that this whole earth has to offer.
8. This baby walrus hopes that you all consider baby walruses the next time you’re thinking about looking at pictures of baby animals.
Because they are tactile, cuddly beings who love to hug and be hugged, and that, my friends, is the true meaning of squeeeeeeeeee.
6. This tiger cub’s face is maybe trying too hard
But also it is TOTALLY WORKING.
5. May 2012 go down as the year that we all discovered echidna babies are called puggles
Which is probably the most important thing anyone has ever learned, ever, anywhere, in history.
3. The San Diego Zoo’s panda cub got many checkups this year.
But this was the most important one. That belly.
2. A koala joey in a coffee mug.
More than words can say.
1. And the absolute number-one most lovable baby animal of the year…
…is this white lion who is literally staring straight into your eyes, past your soul, and is looking right into the very depths of your heart, where he is upending your most tightly kept secrets and insecurities and self-doubts and replacing them with a deep peace, honest warmth, and his love. All in a single picture! Baby animals are magic.
- It's the third day of the Democratic National Convention. Here's where things stand 🇺🇸