6. When Joe loved Marilyn.
Although their marriage only lasted for a volatile 274 days, baseball player “Joltin’” Joe DiMaggio remained devoted to Marilyn Monroe. He never remarried, and after her death, he sent red roses to her grave in Los Angeles three times a week for the next 20 years.
9. Love through the eyes of their grandchild.
“This is a shot of my grandparents that I took at my birthday party.. They met when they were 13 and started dating their freshmen year of high school.. They have been insperable for atleast 60 years and now are approaching their 50th wedding anniversary.”
13. When Paul first saw Linda.
They met eyes across a crowded room in 1967, and Paul says he fell in love at first sight. They were married in 1969, raised four children together, and spent every single night together until her death in 1998. Paul: “I always think of Linda still as my girlfriend. That’s how we started out in the ’60s, just as friends. Whenever I was working late somewhere, I just never fancied it. I thought: Well, I could stay overnight in this posh hotel, or I could go home to Linda. And it was always the brighter of the two options: Yeah, go home to Linda. It was just I liked being with her, quite frankly.”
14. Isaac’s proposal.
18. These two celebrating their 72nd Valentine’s Day.
Maddalena, 88, and Fortunato Corso, 89, a Bensonhurst couple married 72 years, prepare for Valentine’s Day with a kiss at home in New York, Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2013.
28. David’s movie theater proposal.
33. The 6,000 stairs he carved for her.
Liu and Xu eloped and lived in a mountain cave for over 50 years together. Liu worried that his wife wouldn’t be able to make it down the mountain easily, so in their second year he began carving out steps for her. Liu carved over 6,000 steps for Xu before his death in his wife’s arms.
36. Their first wedding photos.
Wu Conghan, 101, and his wife, Wu Sognshi, 103, married in 1924, and have been together for almost nine decades. When they got married, there wasn’t the option to have photos taken, and it is something they have dreamt of having ever since. Recently their dream was made reality by a local photo company in Nanchong, Sichuan Province, China, and the pair posed in their wedding finery for the shots.
41. Tony and Kevin’s wedding.
43. These couples whose love can be seen in just one photograph.
“I [the photographer] wandered into the lobby of a nursing home on the Upper West Side and discovered this man, who was on his way to deliver a yellow bear to his wife. “I visit her every day,” he said. “Even when the mind is gone, the heart shows through.””
46. The first time he saw her in a wedding dress.
This man is 104, and his wife is 100. They have been married for 81 years, but they never had a proper ceremony. She was given this dress so that they could take a “wedding photograph” together, and he said, “My wife is so beautiful.”
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- London police say eight arrests were made in connection to the Parliament attack. The unidentified attacker was British-born and once investigated by intelligence as a "peripheral figure," the Prime Minister said.
- A top Democrat said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️