1. The account’s first tweet has over 99,130 retweets.
R.I.P to all of the Newtown, Connecticut shooting victims. For every RT this gets, we will donate $2 to the school and victims.— Newtown Shooting
2. There is no information at all about who created the account or how the money is being donated.
3. They have continued to tweet and brag about the number of retweets and the money supposedly raised.
You guys have already raised $17,600! You guys are amazing! #PrayForNewtown— Newtown Shooting
4. Although questions have been raised, they have not addressed or discussed who it is that is “donating” this money.
We have reached 82,000 retweets (3,000 followers) which means $164,000 will be donated and we aren’t even finished yet. Wow! #PrayForNewtown— Newtown Shooting
5. The night of the shooting…
If we could reach 5,000 followers by the end of the night, it would mean a lot! RT please! (and don’t forget to retweet our first tweet!)— Newtown Shooting
6. Michael van Poppel of @BreakingNews has called out the account as being fake.
Fake account uses CT massacre to get followers, already managed to get nearly 100,000 RTs http://t.co/lz58iDBk— Michael van Poppel
7. And yet, just a few minutes ago, they tweeted a “warning” about another fake account.
Everyone please avoid @_Pray4Newtown. They/he have/has no connection to any of the Newtown Shooting victims whatsoever. #PrayForNewtown— Newtown Shooting