1. Scientists wanted to study a type of very cold water deep in the Atlantic ocean.
2. But it's so deep and remote that it's inaccessible by ship.
3. Solution: elephant seals!
4. Their research could help with climate change modeling.
5. The seal researchers are also adorable.
6. Elephant seals aren't the only ones involved in research. Narwhals have carried sensors too.
7. So have leopard seals.
The harp seal has yet to participate.
Executive Creative Producer at BuzzFeed
Contact Summer Anne Burton at email@example.com.
Contact Anna North at Annafirstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.