1. You may have been forever scarred by the 1979 young adult book Flowers in the Attic, which looked like this first edition:
Creepy right? YES, IT WAS TOTALLY CREEPY.
2. The story of siblings kept in an attic by their evil mom scandalized/delighted generations of teenage girls. Most notable were the blatant depictions of the two older siblings having sex.
He yelled out something like, “You’re mine, Cathy! Mine! You’ll always be mine! No matter who comes into your future, you’ll always belong to me! I’ll make you mine…tonight….now! I had the strong dancer’s legs, he had the biceps and greater weight…and he had much more determination than I to use something hot, swollen and demanding, so much that it stole reasoning and sanity from him. And I loved him. I wanted what he wanted — if he wanted it that much, right or wrong. Somehow we wound up on that old mattress — that filthy, smelly stained mattress that must have known lovers long before this night. And that is where he took me, and forced in that swollen, rigid male sex part of him that had to be satisfied. It drove into my tight and resisting flesh which tore and bled.
7. So, apparently publishers are still trying to sell Flowers In The Attic to unsuspecting teens, and what better way to do it than by really bringing that whole incest plotline front and center?
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.