1. At top speed, Sarah was going 61 mph
At the Cincinnati Zoo it is our goal to inspire every visitor with wildlife every day, and nothing inspires awe like seeing a cheetah running full blast in our Cheetah Encounter. We are very proud of Sarah, our World Record Holder, since she is a terrific ambassador for her cheetah cousins in the wild. The Cincinnati Zoo has supported cheetah conservation in Africa for more than 20 years, and thankfully, cheetahs are the one species that has a chance to out run extinction.
3. Captured by National Geographic
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid, volcanic eruption, or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.