1. Alan Jackson, “Gone Country”
Power lyric: “He’s gone country, look at them boots.”
Good fer: On a plane heading back to Tennessee after trying and completely failing to make it in the big, dirty, crowded city.
Fashion inspiration: Straight tie between THAT STACHE and the shirtless overalls look.
2. Trisha Yearwood, “She’s In Love With The Boy”
3. John Michael Montgomery, “Life’s A Dance”
Power lyric: “Tryin’ to find the courage to ask her out / Was like tryin’ to get oil from a water spout.”
Good fer: The kicker’s karaoke room, end of the night singalong slot.
Fashion inspiration: Cowboy butts drive me nuts!
4. Tim McGraw, “I Like It I Love It”
5. Faith Hill, “This Kiss”
Power lyric: The first and only time in history that the word “centrifugal” was prone to being shouted out of open windows —> “It’s centrifugal motion / It’s perpetual bliss”
Good fer: Repeating 100 times a day in the early stages of twitterpation.
Fashion inspiration: An entire generation of Southern girls asking for the Faith Hill pixie cut at the salon.
6. Little Texas, “God Blessed Texas”
Power lyric: “I’ve been spent to spread the message: God blessed Texas.”
Good fer: Blasting from the boombox in the stands at your high-school football game.
Fashion inspiration: Let’s just talk about the vest main Little Texas guy is wearing and keep going from there.
7. George Strait, “Check Yes Or No”
8. Reba McEntire, “Is There Life Out There”
Power lyric: When Reba says “I learned more from the stains than I did from the paper” in the music video / short film.
Good fer: When you need a push to do the thing you’ve always been afraid to do. Also, crying throughout the entire music video.
Fashion inspiration: A hair color that lit a fire in the hearts of millions.
9. Shania Twain, “You’re Still The One”
Power lyric: “We’re still together, still going strong.”
Good fer: OBVIOUSLY, dancing at your wedding.
Fashion inspiration: Shania Twain basically singlehandedly brought country music into the 21st century, sexiness-wise. For better or worse.
10. Brooks & Dunn, “My Maria”
11. Dixie Chicks, “Wide Open Spaces”
Power lyric: “She needs wide open spaces, room to make her big mistakes.”
Good fer: All-day singalongs with the girls you live with after moving out of yer parents house for the first time.
Fashion inspiration: Over-complicated slumber party up-dos forever.
12. Martina McBride, “Independence Day’
Power lyrics: “Let freedom ring, let the white dove sing / Let the whole world know that today is a day of reckoning!”
Good fer: Planting a seed of feminism that will grow for the rest of your life, hopefully not resulting in arson (as it does in this song).
Fashion inspiration: Short haircuts need hairspray too, y’all.
13. Clay Walker, “Hypnotize The Moon”
14. Mary Chapin Carpenter, “Passionate Kisses”
15. Rick Treviño, “Bobbie Ann Mason”
Power lyric: “I got a guitar so I could sing meeee-and Bobbie Ann Mason!”
Good fer: Visiting home during breaks from college and missing high school like hell.
Fashion inspiration: Rick Trevino really owns his relatively small stature in this video, life, and in the hearts of all young women of the ’90s.
16. Pam Tillis, “Cleopatra, Queen Of Denial”
Power lyric: “Just call me Cleopatra!”
Good fer: Makeover night with all your galfriends.
Fashion inspiration: Bring back crimpers, please.
17. Vince Gill, “When I Called Your Name”
18. Deana Carter, “Strawberry Wine”
19. Clint Black, “Killin’ Time”
Power lyric: “This killin’ time is killin’ me” with extra growl on it.
Good fer: Your afternoon smoke break on the loading dock at work.
Fashion inspiration: Are dimples a fashion statement?
20. Suzy Bogguss, “Drive South”
21. Patty Loveless, “I Try To Think About Elvis”
Power lyric: “I just can’t concentraaaaate, you’re all I think about these days.”
Good fer: The walkman you’re carrying to school where yer gonna see your biggest crush!
Fashion inspiration: Literally every single moment of this video is an inspirational fashion moment. I can’t count them all, but I would probably kill someone to have Patty’s outfit. AND THOSE BANGS.
22. Randy Travis, “Look Heart, No Hands”
Power lyric: “No chains, no strings, no fences, no walls.”
Good fer: Fallin’ in love.
Fashion inspiration: Big hair: It’s not just for gals.
23. Garth Brooks, “The Dance”
Power lyric: The entire freakin’ song! Which you can still recite on command like poetry.
Good fer: Graduations, weddings, birthdays, funerals, and all of life’s other major events, basically.
Fashion inspiration: Black=mysterious and thoughtful. Shadowy lighting is a bonus.
Here’s a Spotify playlist with everything except Garth, because he hates the internet or something.
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀