Before a power outage you'll need to prepare yourself with a few things in advance in order to use this list:
- A flashlight or two.
- Battery powered radio and/or a fully charged iPod.
- Water and non-perishable food so you don't die.
- If you're anticipating a power outage, invite over your friends and neighbors. Groups = more fun, less panic.
- Having a cat to snuggle with is optional, but desirable.
1. If you have a fireplace, use it.
2. Finally start reading that book you've been thinking about starting to read for years now.
3. Draw or paint.
4. Write a letter to someone special.
5. Board Games!
6. Get drunk.
7. Clean your house.
8. Lights Off, Pants Off, Dance Off.
9. If you're in a relationship, have lots of sex.
10. Finally: go to bed.
For more information on power outages, check out these sites:
* Power Outage Safety | American Red Cross
* How to Make a Power Outage Bearable: 11 Steps (with Pictures)