Not long ago, Reddit user u/Lia_Julee asked, "Vets of Reddit, what was the worst pet name you have ever encountered in your job?"
And both vets and pet owners had hilarious responses. Here are some of them:
2. "So I’m not a vet, but I’m deeply involved in the horse world...When naming quarter horses, many breeders like to create a registered name that incorporates the parents’ names and bloodlines. So, somebody bred together the stallion Kid’s Classic Style and the mare Lookin’ Touchable. The best name that the breeders could come up with for the foal? KidsLookinTouchable. Yeah. That’s the best they could come up with."
4. "One of my boys wanted to name one of our dogs Meat Stack. (My son was 6 when we adopted the puppy). Same kid wanted to name his brother Turtle Flower when he was born. Needless to say he is not in charge of naming things in our household."
5. "Not a vet, but I lived in the Marshall Islands for a few years and I noticed that all black male dogs are named Lakilimej (black boy), all white male dogs are named Lamoujouj (white boy), all brown male dogs are Laburaun (brown boy), and all black and white dogs are named Oreo"
6. "Old neighbor lady had a cat named Face"
"'Because it had a beautiful face', she said."
11. "...my history teacher told us that he let his daughter name the cat when she was very young, and she called him Fluffybutt. Years later she decided to rename him Milo. My history teacher lived in a fairly rough area of the city and didn't exactly enjoy yelling 'Fluffybutt' into the night to get the cat home."
12. "My dad has always wanted a dog named Askim so when someone asks what your dog’s name is, you can just say 'Askim'."
13. "My first pet that I can remember getting was a fish when I was about three or four years old. I named him Clock because I happened to be looking at a clock when my mom asked what I wanted to name him."
14. "Had a client who let each of their 3 children name the cat. The poor cat’s name ended up being Hungry Jack Biscuit."
16. "Mom owns a vet practice so had a lot of these. Best/worst pet parents named their cat D.O.G. and their dog C.A.T.. ..."
17. "...worst one was hands down Tubgirl96. It was a name given to a sweet, young adult female cat. The owners thought they were funny."
18. "The vet tech entered Popsicle’s name as 'Popcycle' and I have never been more offended. My cat doesn’t even have pedals or anything for riding...what the hell."
20. "...my guinea pig named Ice-T. They put him in as 'Ice Tea'. And I was like, Umm—no...it's spelled like the rapper. ..."
21. "In the South, I was in a waiting room with someone who brought their chicken named Tikka. Like Chicken Tikka."
22. "My husband named all of our chickens after food dishes: Kung Pao, Marsala, etc. These chickens were only for egg laying, not to be eaten."
23. "My cat’s name is Soup. The vet jokes we ought to start calling him Stew if he keeps getting wet food since he’s a little chunky."
24. "My old neighbors apparently thought it would be a good idea to let their 3-year-old name their dog. The dog was named Dump Truck."
25. "Not a vet but I took in a cat from a family named Lord Whimsalot III. Yes, there were previous Lord Whimsalots. We nicknamed him Whimmy."
26. "My cat's name is John Hinckley Jr. because he was a stray that stalked me for a year and killed things to give me as offerings."
28. "Ex gf was a vet nurse. She came across a cat in the system called Horatio Bradshaw Roadwork."
31. "Went for a shelter visit the other day and the head of the rescue team was telling us that he named a dog Staircase because he found it on a staircase (duh) and at that point he has taken in so many strays that he couldn't think of another name."
32. "Kitty. Now you may be wondering why that's a bad name. Kitty was an iguana."
33. "Not a vet, but my roommate's cat is named Feline Dion. I wanted to call her Chairman Meow. I ended up calling a stray in the neighborhood Chairman Meow instead and the personality matches."
Do you have or know of a pet with a funny name? Share below!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.