People Are Talking About Common Things That They Just Can't Relate To And They're Eye-Opening
I could relate to a lot of these responses.
Recently, Reddit user u/Mizu3 asked people, "What’s a very common thing that you just can't relate to?"
And people had interesting and rather eye-opening responses. Here are some of them:
2. "Restaurants that force their staff to act, sing or engage in fake banter. Just make my food please and leave the theatre to the thespians."
3. "The obsession with branded things. Clothes with the brand's name on them just look tacky to me. I'd much rather have a regular old graphic tee instead of a t-shirt with Gucci on the front in gigantic bold capital letters. It's pretty...most of the time, wear what you want and all that, but the obsession becomes incredibly annoying when people act like they're better than you because they spend several hundred dollars on a single shirt."
6. "Sharing your whole, intimate life on Facebook / TikTok / Instagram/etc. It's just gross."
7. "'Keeping up with the Joneses' — I don't give a shit how nice or shiny your things are or mine aren't."
8. "Having dreams and aspirations — I never thought I'd get to be an adult so I never had dreams..."
10. "People taking out loans for their wedding expenses. One of the number one reasons people get a divorce is money. No better way to start off your marriage than in debt, I guess?"
12. "Running a brush through my hair. I have very curly hair so only finger brush it when it's wet, which isn't often. Seeing people grab a brush and run it through their hair when they've been in the wind or just to 'freshen up'... I wish!!"
15. "The requirement of drama. I've met so many people who are always in the midst of some drama, and then, when lacking in it, create it for themselves — they thrive off of it..."
16. "Angry sex and makeup sex. Ew. What? No. If I'm mad at you, I don't want you to fucking touch me. I don't have angry sex. I have angry abstinence."
17. "Speaker phone in public. I barely even want to take a normal call anywhere in public with a whispered tone."
18. "People who feel the need to post nasty, negative comments on others' posts on social media. Don't like it? Scroll past it, unfollow, unsubscribe. The world has enough negativity without it."
19. "Having a task to do and just doing it. I have depression and many simple tasks feel like walking with glass in my shoe. I know I can do them, and should, but I often just can’t."
20. "Taking and sharing pictures of everything. Except for when I'm travelling, I take maybe twenty pics a year..."
23. "Fighting / yelling / hostility in relationships with my significant other. It could very well stem from my childhood, I guess. It’s not to say we don’t have disagreements or the relationship is flawless but obstacles always have been resolved without much issue. Fortunately this held true with all of my romantic relationships. I’ve always lived by the saying 'conflict is inevitable, fighting is optional.'"
25. "Loving and wanting to spend time with your family. Had a terrible, awful childhood and as an adult, just lots of toxic interactions whenever anyone from my family got involved in my life — so cut all off. When I see people posting about their family and how much they love them, I just don't understand it. I don't understand my fiancé missing his mom etc. I know I'm the anomaly, but just can't relate in any way."
26. "Having a mom who loves you? Sounds fake. My husband calls his mom every few days for a chat, and even now I find it odd that he enjoys talking to her. I’m glad they have a good relationship, but I can’t relate."
28. "Being able to do a normal amount of housework/errands and still have plenty of energy left for hobbies. I have ADHD."
29. "Hanging out in loud, crowded places. Give me a place where you can actually have a conversation and elbow room."
31. "Social Media. I use it, but I never post photos or update people on everything I do."
32. "Having fun with huge groups of friends. I just can't understand how it's enjoyable, no matter how much I try, and it's frustrating."
What are common things that you just can't relate to? Share below!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.