1. Don’t fear the thrift store.
Mixing new and vintage pieces can make you stand out in the crowd. Check where your nearest thrift store is and take chance on something you wouldn’t usually wear. Your going out budget just got a little bit bigger.
2. Remix the way you wear certain items.
Sick of that old oversized shirt hanging around in your closet? Try a new and original way to wear - may it be as a dress or tied up at the waist with a pair of pencil pants, the possibilities are endless. Get the full shirt-to-dress tutorial here.
5. Design your own dream fabric to sew with.
Online services like Spoonflower.com let you order customized fabrics with ease, so the sky’s the limit!
7. Give silk scarves a second life as effortlessly chic headwear.
Find out how to tie your head scarf flawlessly here.
8. Add a pop of color to any outfit with a sleek color blocked clutch.
Get the DIY instructions here.